The Vonunteers from ISoSH participate volunteer task for every year Spring Clean-up (April-May), and Autumn Clean-up (September)
Every Year Spring Clean-Up April to May
Previous Spring Clean-up: Volunteers from the Islamic Society of Sandy Hill (ISoSH) joined spring clean-up task, Mustajeebur Rahman is pictured at left, followed by Mohamed, AbdulQader, Ayoub, Sulaiman Daheeyeh and Councillor Mathieu Fleury.
The Spring clean-up of Sandy Hill’s parks and streets
In support of the annual Capital Campaign Spring Clean-up, this year’s activities will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2015 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Strathcona Park and on the streets of Sandy Hill. The starting point will be the parking lot of Strathcona Park at the foot of Somerset Street East.
Participants please bring your own work gloves. Garbage bags and yard waste bags will be provided. High school students are welcome to use either of the activities to earn volunteer hours.
ISoSH would like to thank everyone who came out on Sunday January 18th to enjoy the festivities of the Sandy Hill
Winter Carnival. To read about the event and see pictures, please click on the following link to the Image:
Join us for family fun at the Winter Carnival!
You’re invited to take part in the Sandy Hill Winter Carnival on Sunday, January 18th from 2:00 p.m. to
6:00 p.m. at the Sandy Hill Community Centre.
Come enjoy many indoor and outdoor activities for the whole family!
- ice carving demonstration by local artist Claudia Salguero
- horse-led wagon rides by John Cundell Stables
- outdoor family winter games led by the University of Ottawa Men’s Soccer Team
- family skate on the outdoor rink
- indoor arts and crafts table and henna design station
- complimentary yummy snacks as well as maple syrup taffy, coffee (supplied by TAN Coffee) and hot
chocolate (supplied by Timothy’s)
- magic show by Gabe Roberge at 4:00 pm followed by a community dinner at 5:00 pm (provided by
St Joe’s Supper Table and St Joe’s volunteers)